Saturday, August 27, 2022

AYC 19 and 20 Loosey Goosey

 


Hmmm

 

 

Paris is an unreliable narrator.

There are a few sprinkles of Paris' unreliable memory in the story. For example in this section of chapter 4 Paris is remembering two events from different times in his life, but has blanked out all the times in between. It's unlikely Hmjeu would pull up just as he was running away.

One morning…I remember waking up and feeling very lethargic.

My face felt funny and burned a little. I rubbed it and my hands came away coated in blood. I jumped down from my bed and ran around the foster home screaming---which made the wounds worse. I caught sight of my extremely gory Glasgow smile in a mirror and panicked. I had to get out. So I ran. I ran past the minder and out the door towards the street. I just wanted to get away from the horrid house and those psychotic teens.

 

I ran into the street just as a shiny black car swerved before pulling up in front of me.Hmjeu stepped out of the car. Dressed in all black save his priest collar. He said my name. He knew me and picked me up. I remember his calming smile as he held me in his arms

 “You have to be strong Paris. You have to be strong.”

To a lesser extent from a later chapter

“What were you and Sera talking about”, I asked Carrie.

“I was just asking her about her accent.”

“Her…what?” I said my eyes settling on Sera who had wondered over to one of the female band members struggling to get her cello off the stage. I turn back to Carrie, “I guess I never noticed? I thought she had a lisp—“

Also Carrie is Eastern European because Paris has a type... 

Then this section when Paris is with Alexxa

“I don’t remember her. I was orphaned at age five and raised by my foster father.”

“Oh, I think I saw something about that in the news.”

My mind got fuzzy at that statement. The news? Why would--

 

 We'll get a tad bit more of this in Pink Neon. Also that Cello girl comes back...


Chapter 18

Sera has been arrested and Paris has learned an uncomfortable truth. Unfortunately he is about to learn another...

Chapter 19 and 20

🎵 No chapters just vibes ! 🎵

Beautiful Hell - Adna

Morass - Caitriona Caitir

 

Chapter 20

How Villains Are Made - Madalen Duke

Daylight - Pretty Deep

Cold Little Heart - Michael Kiwanuka