So...yes, I've been doing deep dives into SHV's backlist... then I just started Fangirling ! More about that in the bottom of the post.
Leon Picspiration
My main picspiration for Leon is John Cena, Cena is a big comedian (and is doing Insurance commercials now ?) so it's hard to find a serious picture of him that reflects Leon. Also the body...he has that body...but imagine him real thiccc. I've never really "aged" Leon but he is older than Seraphina so I can see him as early 40's.
Setting The Table
While finishing up Rogue chapter one and trying to cut "fat" I stared at this line.
The turkey meatloaf is pretty good, the kale and potatoes a little bland but the homemade bread makes up for it.
Because I was like ...why is that in there ? I also thought about this article (that I cannot for the life of me find) that said there are three reasons food shows up in fiction :
1. The author wants the reader to enjoy the meal with the character
2. The author wants to disgust the reader
3. The author is trying to tell you something about the character.
I do number 3 a lot...
With the above line line I was like
...what am I saying here ? I guess that Leon is very agreeable and he doesn't complain about what's given to him ? That Aria is very health conscious and is still learning how to cook but she takes the time to make bread for her family ?
Leon is one of my first MC that really focuses on food. In QC I intentionally wrote him eating a cheeseburger at a hotel bar in between running errands. Also in QC he feeds Arrow a grilled cheese because he is an uber-bachelor. Leon also brings donuts and coffee to Seraphina and Paris after they have a rough day-- even though he only recalls Sera drinking protein shakes and Paris never really has time to eat. Leon eats again in this chapter in a way I think you all might find delightful ?
When this came up in the comments it made me want to explore other food moments in my serials.This one came up in the comments.
Bellum I, Paris on a date with Isobel :
“Have to ?”, I repeat Isobel’s final words as our salads arrive.
There
is something smoldering about how Isobel looks tonight. Her black dress
and flowing peplum fits snugly over her ashen skin. The entire time I’m
listening I stare at the tiny white-blue sapphire glinting on a white
gold chain over her chest.
“Have to”, she repeats,”I just don’t feel like I belong with . . .
“Humans”, I whisper as if it’s a taboo thought to not be human anymore.
She smirks and picks at her salad and manages a few bites. I know she’ll say that the salad is good. . .but not satisfying. Not what she is really in the mood for anyway.
Bellum II, Paris on a date with Seraphina
During dinner I kept checking my watch and tapping my foot as Seraphina took her time very slowly cutting a one pound steak into small pieces. She gave me this look over her red wine that told me she knew exactly what I was up to.
l love that this came up in the comments because I did this intentionally ! Sera is not here for Paris' veganism and likes her steak as red as her wine.Yes, Isobel is picking at the salad because she doesn't really want it...she is just trying to be supportive of Paris the vegan.
Okay...I'm done over analyzing...although I will say we can have this conversation again with AYC in which food sort of tells a progression ?
Dear SHV,
So I've been running through SHV's blacklist for reasons
Muse : To steal music
Right... and I keep coming across gems from the past. Like this one :
This is from a Sweet Prince 2017 Post ! SHV is always steps ahead !
Also this is my comment for your very emotional Thank You Post that still makes me cry. I'd like to posit that So We Meet was inspired by my comment, You know where to send the royalties
Also I'm going to leave this here. This is a comment you pasted in your post as a reference when you posted Virtue. IT'S ALL FULL CIRCLEAlso SHV...wass codename "Lucky" Sunshine ? Was this comment from a chapter of Burn a red herring because I assumed "Lucky" and "Burn" were your NaNo `17 serials and written together. It has to be because Charlotte and the kids show up in Burn.
Last one. Honey I need your swiftness. This was posted with Virture II in Jan 2018 and Pulse was done a year later.
P.S Honey was So We Meet the One Last Thing Adjacent thing you were working on during NaNo of '17?
P.P.S Going through SHV's playlist is hard for me because the songs make me want to write like...a love story...but ALL of my serials have established couples ):
I have a ton of theses clips so....
Rogue Two
Welcome back to New Aeterna. Sera and Leon have restarted SGI with the sole mission of finding Helios. It's been 18 months of nothing, so Leon is ready to recruit some new members and take on real jobs but Seraphina just can't let go of the hunt. Soon Leon finds a lead that takes him down memory lane. ROGUE TWO
Playlist
+1+ The Difference - Flume, Toro y Moi
+2+ Breathe - Luke Cusato
+3+ Diggin' My Grave - Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper (IDK if this songs fits but I have so many "Lady Rage" songs...)



