Sunday, August 26, 2018

What Are Writing Memes, AHA moments, Prologues



P.S I  wrote most of this post 6 months ago . . .



I am suffering from a big bought of WRITER'S BLOCK
 
We now go to live footage of me 

and me when it comes to finding a brand new original idea to get the juices flowing


When I start looking at the two serial sequels I have 20% drafted


I know I just need to buckle down and pick one to finish. With S&A 2 it's tricky because I need to retcon alot of things in the previous stories, but it's tough going back


I mean it's been a lot of 




SHV has been serving on inspiration and I feel like we have the same mindset

So to stave off Writer's Block I've decided to do some blogging


Although . . .


Ruminations on Characters

So, I talked a little in SHV's commnet section about Blue Water, a Litany Lane novella (10-20K) that probably won't happen.

I just wanted to write it so I could  say more about the Fierros (and Clara), even though I can't justify it as something that would be satisfying or needed. I sort of imagined there being some text about Clara dealing with wanting a physical relationship and how she and Fierro just aren't on the same page about it and how it's this constant strain on their friendship.

And then it sort of occurred to me  . . .  (and I think this was in the comments somewhere ) that Fierro falls somewhere on the Asexual spectrum. Closest to somewhere on the Gray-A scale closest to  heteroromantic ? Because he's had deeply romantic feelings for Lucie and his focus has never been on their intimate relationship. I feel this also goes for how he views  Clara, but his feelings for her have always been more platonic and amplified because they have a daughter. And their handful of intimate encounters are always initiated by Clara, who has always had a hard time talking about her own needs.

I've done a lot of drafting and snippets in the past and I've never really been able to capture Fierro as a sexual being except in Nightfall Acadmey, and that was because it was an AU and I didn't feel like I had to be true to the character and even then it felt not right. Deftly avoiding any conversation about intimacy has always been something I naturally built in to the charater. I guses it was kind of an "Ah-ha" moment when I realzied this.

 I felt like Blue Water would have been a chance for Clara and Fierro explore this and I kind of feel it would make thier relationship and thier decision to not be together (just yet) come full circle. So that's where I have been.

I can say I have an idea for a novella similar to the Sunday Nights In Savannah.

The Goodwill of Sofia Madigan
Yep, this is the name . . . for now. So I buckled down and started a new draft of this. I have so many bits that I need to hammer into one coherent timeline. I had a MAJOR break through and then my computer promptly ate it, which I'm okay with. . .it wasn't perfect but it's a big set back

New Aeterna 3/Rogue ?
I might call New Aeterna 3 Rogue. With this I have to remind myself to keep it simple plot wise. I've been inspired by SHV lately and would love to do a generations thing one day.

PARADOX LINE
So I was re-reviewing New Aeterna and in a rambly author's note for New Aeterna  section four where I explain my  OG inspiraton for Arrow I somehow predict the time jump in Compulsion.

Then in my head I was like what if the kid was smuggled out and sent to be raised by Paris and what would it be like if this kid  grew up to be a clean cut do gooder who wanted to impress his mother who cares more about war, but they were like oodly close. I realized this might also be Vice in some ways which is why I was so hoping for a time jump in Compulsion.

I posted this on 1/1/16 when the reveal in Compulsion hadn't happened yet ???!

A Tale of Two Teasers
So, I thought I'd share with you the  progloues for  New Aeterna 3 and The Goodwill of Sofia Madgian. I won't go into immense detail and re-capping becuase that will come later. I've had both of these for maybe 2 years ?

New Aeterna 3 : Rogue plus Recap
*breathes in*
This is the third installment in an AU of Lux Aeterna. And in reality this "AU" to me is the real ending. The ending I wrote for Lux Aeterna and Bellum was one I wrote because I was to afraid to do what I did in NA.

Long story short. It's an AU where Helios and his army conquered Manhattan and turend it into an oppresive regime known as New Aeterna.  10 years after the uprising a resistance lead by Paris Prince brings Helios down. Paris brings New Aeterna into a golden age, but his unethical dealings and a series of violent protest lead to his demise and New Aetenra beomes a democray...

but also, it turns out Paris has been keeping Helios Thantos as prisoner all these years and during the violent protest Helios Thantos escapes.

Rogue takes place two years later . ..

The Goodwill of Sofia Madigan
Okay, so this prologue was supposed to be Part II of Vegas. I wrote this scene for Sofia and Tomas and it just felt like something real, I suddenly knew what was next to explore in thier relationship
(in case you are wondering in Vegas they were supposed to hear a fire alarm at the end of this scene and it was an exuse to get the characters together.)

Playlist
Rogue - Prologue
Stand In The Rain - Superchick

The Goodwill of Sofia Madigan - Prologue
Winter - Joshua Rain (eh, why not ?)