** Romance Novels **
When I first finished Lost Angels the graphics department was asked to use romance novels as inspiration to help tone down some of the more serious themes in the series, (Give Greta a break it was her first day). I think I posted about it again once and I while a majority of the novels aren't "LOLZ" worthy there are a few that keep getting to me.
PS. Auto save caused me to delete this post so I re wrote the entire thing ):
Titles
For me coming up with titles is one of the hardest parts but for some of these harlquinn novles all youn eed to to do is use a comma and then describe the characters plot relevance fore example.
Greek Tycoon, Wayward Wife
and the oh so creative
Wicked Captian, Wayward Wife (The guy on this cover is kind of hot, dark hair blue eyes. . . idk)
It probably also helps to sell books if the title pretty much sums up the tension in the plot just so we know what we are getting into.
Prince of Montez, Pregnant Mistress - Okay, see according to the description she is a curator or something why is that not relevant to the title ?
Sensible Housekeeper, Scandalously Pregnant - So, yeah.
Seriously though I think the titles are used for shock value, I'm almost convinced all of the authors have pen names.
Money Money Money
One last thing that always bothers me is that all of these men have money. But to help you tell the difference most of them are from the Meditternain
The Multi-Millionaire's Virgin Mistress - Yeah he is probably also an italian prince
The Italian Billionaire's Secretary Mistress
(He is like the guy above but richer)
The Greek Billionaire's Innocent Princess (The description kind of makes the title irrelevant. He is like the guy above except from Greece)
Mistress: Pregnant by the Spanish Billionaire (Why is there a colon ? Also he is like a Spanish combination of the men above.)
Of course the Mediterranean vibe is killed in the American series, in those either you are from Texas or the Midwest.
Anyway I thought I would just blog about some of the lolz (:
DSI Updates
Apologies ?
I don't know where I have been, but I promise I will never go away like that again. I can however promise the the next updates will come very quickly. Just in time for the holidays !
Pictures
(With black hair though)
I also found another one for Mr. Fierro and Peter. They are Kevin Zegers from Transamerica, he is really good a pulling off vacant expressions, and for Peter I can't help but to picture Tom Welling. He has dark hair, green eyes and a tan that I think is probably fake.
(I think he has been shopped to look younger)
Chapter 5
Chapter five was one of the more interesting chapter its main purpose was to give background on Clara's time in Italy and to give some insight into the epilogue of House of Fierro.
Chapter 6
I have been holding on to this chapter for far to long. I attempted to post it on the 19th of November but it just needed more work, which I will talk about more in the next post. For some reason I found this chapter somewhat (super-vaguely) similar to chapter 8 of Hidden, and it helped me to finish this one off. This is probably one of the longer chapters almost over 5K.Much with the structure of the story we are heading back in time and taking off from Chapter 4, in which Mr. Fierro is going in search of Robert Essex and whatever secrets he is hiding.
Playlist
The playlist features the kind of "eclectic" music. In order this playlist Features a composer, a danish collective band, Award Winning Iris Singer, A German composer and a New York musician.
-1- Beyond This Moment - Patrick O' Hearn
-2- Kissing - Bliss
-3- Only Time - Enya
-4- Moon Temple - Karunesh
-5- Iris - Goo Goo Dolls (the live version is awesome)
-6- - Drop In The Ocean - Ron Pope
Chapter 6






omg, hon this post and chapter were fantastic but :
ReplyDelete*murder eyes* you stole one of my songs I was so set on using ! ! I won't say which one . . .
lol, this blog post had me literally rofling. . . no wonder those books are $3.80. Can't wait to here more from you.
ReplyDeleteOkay, no srsly with those books it looks like there is an unexpected babies series and then a latin lovers series (racist much ?)
ReplyDeleteAlthough, I kind of want to read these unexpected babies one just to see what happens.
^^
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of racist, I hope this doesn't come off this way but, this chapter felt so exotic. I hope there are pictures that come with it.
The title of this blog post was amazing. This post had me laughing as well but, the chapter was heartbreaking.
ReplyDeleteWait how old is Clara again ? The woman in that picture looks like she has been shopped or had plastic surgery to look younger .
ReplyDeleteAw, my heart broke when I found out Fierro had been kind of writing to Clara in his journal, it means he never forgot her. I really felt something there.I also was a little upset that all those people were killed so, love the emotional ending.
ReplyDeleteAll these people dying these bloody deaths,is so scary but, I wonder who is doing it ? This is some True Blood stuff.
ReplyDeleteOkay, WTF with these books. I had no idea you could be so clever Lile ! It seems like it idolizes men who are rich and women who are virgins. I could rant all day, but how sad is it I kind of want to read the princess one ?
ReplyDelete^^
ReplyDeleteMaybe we should start a donation drive and buy the e-book as a fangroup.
I love a good Fierro chapter but, now I miss Clara. And is it just me or is Lucie becoming more human ?
@PrincessA -- Well, if ghost exists maybe a vampire is doing all of this stuff ?
ReplyDeleteI thought Lile's ranting was going to be about Elizabeth Edwards and how those crazy Westboro Motherf*ckers are going to protest @ her funeral.
I love a Fierro chapter because I love his voice and the way he describes things. I could really see the airport he was describing.
ReplyDeleteI just realized how British of a name Essex is. I'm going to do some wild massive M. Night Shamalyn guessing and say Fierro is really Essex in some time parallel and Fierro is just following himself. Because Robert Essex just sounds like a fake name.
ReplyDeleteUm, there is no number 4 in the story. Which is to bad because I love the song. Where would it have gone ?
ReplyDeleteWas Mr. Fierro's skin affected by the hot sun in India ? Also, maybe I am being lazy but, what is an Ashram ?
ReplyDeleteI think there is something up with the assistant for some reason . . .
ReplyDeleteYou know there is something interesting about Malika too. I mean she is all calm and peaceful and the lotus flowers it kind of reminds me of the Odessey when Odesius is with that woman who keeps him from his wife.
ReplyDelete@ Carter -- I see what you mean about Rakessh, it's always the quiet ones . . .
ReplyDeleteThe music is so calming. I live in the midwest with the snow storms so, I am going to turn this music on, turn the heat up , make a mai tai and lay on my kitchen table. Hopefully my husband won't think I am crazy
I love the last image in this chapter. Lucie sitting on the bell and Fierro in the abbey I don't know it was very pretty.
ReplyDelete"even still it echoed in my dreams." - Another winning line. I have missed your writing so much !
Fierro and Clara seem to be opposites. Her life has been the same and sedative at home while he travels from place to place looking for home. I feel bad for Fierro because he is so alone.
ReplyDeleteFor some reason I think this would make an awesome TV show plot. A man who travels around the world with this female ghost companion. Or it could be a novel :
ReplyDeleteAlbino Millionaire,Ghost Ex-Wife
I think we should blame books like those Harlequins for glamorizing infidelity.
ReplyDeleteAfter he leaves India, what mirror is he talking about that is so important ?
ReplyDeleteI think Fierro is a bit agoraphobic and that is why he seeks so much refuge. It seems like Clara is the only one who can bring him out of it.
ReplyDeleteOkay, how have the authorities not caught up with Fierro yet ? I am afraid he will go to jail in the end for all of this
ReplyDelete"
ReplyDeleteYou will be best forgotten there"
Okay, I just read that line on my second (okay, third)reading of this. It's bittersweet. Fierro should forget her because she has moved on.
Wow,how old is Tom Welling ? He looks just the same as always. I love his look though, it is so youthful.
ReplyDeleteKevin Zegers looks just how I imagine Fierro, that is so crazy ! I love picspirations.
ReplyDeleteIt seems like Fierro is a specter himself he has no emotions like one.
ReplyDeleteOkay, so how are those Harlequin books different from what you write ? I mean aside from less sex.
ReplyDeleteI love the little "Where we left off last time" thing you did in the chapter 6 section of the blog.
ReplyDeleteSince everyone is talking about this The Greek Billionaire's Innocent Princess is not available in print just in ebook. That says something
ReplyDelete^^^
ReplyDeleteSo, is it fair to say when can equivacate these books to women's porn ?
It's really hard to imagine Fierro working for someone instead of the other way around. Can we assume he had a thing for Malika ?
ReplyDelete
ReplyDelete@ Shawna - Oh, I bet I know which one. *murder eyes* lol !
@ July - I didn't even notice the prices
@ June - I won't tell
@ Harper - no, it's not and I'll tell you why later
@ sugarcookie - I wanted a litttle humor
@ Carleigh - Well Chrishell's picture is photoshopped (it's from a promo) but the actress is 28 and Clara has just turned 26
@ Heidi - ):
@ PrincessA - LOL
@ Violeta - As someone posted they are pretty cheap
@ Hpgirl - . . .
@ Nybarista - Don't get me started on that
@ Quinn - (:
@ Topaz- That's intersting. . . but no
@ Illia - It would have gone with Lucie in the water.
@ Rei - It's not important to the chapter
@ Carter - No, not really
@ Appletini - Sounds great ! BTW, my mom loves your username
@ Holly - Thanks honey, but there is something more. . .
@ Cherry - exactlty
@ Coraline - ROFL
@ Angelic_spirit - it's the mirror in the airport restroom. The idea was that he had not looked in a mirror in years.
@ Marleigh - Does she ?
@ Emilelover - if you have money you can getaway with anything.
@ Dawn - I can see that
@ Selena - I want to say 33. That may be an old picture
@ Lia - me too !
@ Bostongirl - I can see this
@ Cora - It's been a while
@ Erik - You make is sound as if you have read one.
@ nextmrscullen - I think the older books are only in e-book form.
@ Trish - Nope.
Thanks Guys
@ Joel - I skipped your comment. From what the descriptions the women are not actually mistress because none of the men are ever married. They are just "secret girlfriends"
ReplyDelete"secret girlfriends" sounds like fun.
ReplyDeleteYou also skipped someone named Cerie's comment.
Tsk Tsk
^^
ReplyDeleteIt's okay I know you're busy
@ Cerie - Sorry honey, I can't say I have anything to add.
ReplyDelete