I started this in January...so...not bad.
Pinterest lets you make collages now but I have no idea how to share them so I took a screenshot.
Severance 12 is a bit of shortie. I put it in two parts for pacing reasons. I'm learning not every chapter has to be 8-10k.
Universe Hopping
I've always been inspired by how SHV reinvents her serials and characters. While reading Survive I would occasionally daydream about a Clara, Fierro and Rose in the Survive!Verse. I've thought about this for a long time -- but never did anything with it because it would be brutal.
Then I got distracted and wrote it anyway.
It sits at about 10k. It was fun because it's a crossover based on an AU (New Aeterna) based on an AU (Years) based on an AU (Survive).
I'll probably sit on it for a while and hope it doesn't become LL lost media. It leaves a bitter impression of the Fierro-DeLune family and I think it's hard to shake off when I plan to reintroduce them.
Severance 11 + Recap Madness
See a chronological recap here. I thought I would try this as a writing exercise. Full transparency. I wrote the entire recap and had AI help me clean it up. I also realize that I ONCE AGAIN overcomplicated things.
Chapter 11 recap
After AJ's party Paris and Sera have a passionate night at her house that stirs up old feelings, especially for Paris, but they both want different lives now. The one thing Paris refuses to do is let Sera turns herself in for killing the real Severance Stalker.
.... I regret letting you go like that. I think our marriage is worth saving. I think you are worth saving and the last thing you should do is turn yourself in.”
She shakes her head
“Even if I didn’t turn myself in we still wouldn’t get back together. I’m not in my 20s anymore. I’m not following you and your career from state to state again. It was fun, but I don't know if I can go back to that.”
“I’ll give up my career for you. That would give me more time to stay here and find the killer. This place doesn't exactly need a politician…or a contract lawyer. I guess I could work at the post office or maybe the bar. Fuck. I mean is Severance really where you want to spend the rest of your life ?”
“I don’t know”, she says, "But it's where I am now."
My mind is racing. I have to fix this. I can’t let another seven years go by.
“We could do long distance.. We’ve never had a traditional marriage.”
"Paris…we’re divorced."
"We never signed the papers.”
“I signed the divorce papers.”
“What”, I scramble out of bed and pick up my bag, “When ? I never gave them to you.”
“I signed on that first night. I saw them in your bag. I was waiting for you to notice.”
She had sprawled her legal name on the applicable pages. I’d been too much of a coward to even look at the papers since I arrived.
“Well shit. I mean technically I have to get these filed with the state but I guess we are divorced.”
I was stupid. What the fuck did I think was going to happen ? I let myself forget I’d come here to get a divorce.
“Are we good ?”, she reaches for the lamp.
“I guess it has to be. I'm happy you've found a life for yourself but I am exactly where I was 20 years ago. Alone and starting over in a strange place. It's just been a decade of failure after failure."
“So”, Sera says, “Failure makes you stronger. Starting over can be an amazing opportunity. Minnesota is a great place. The party wants you there, right ? Go where you’re wanted.”
"So, I'm not wanted here ?"
"I didn't say that", Sera says, "This place is to small for you. The life I want is to small for you."
She scans the wall of pictures pinned by her bed. She reaches under one and unpins a small photo. The pictures is of a slightly blurry pink and purple picture taken over a lake.
“That’s the lake I was telling you about. It's in Duluth”, She puts it in my hand, “Keep it. Maybe we can go together one day. If I’m not in prison.”
“I’m not going to let you go to prison, Sera. I promise”
She lays back down, “It's time to let go Paris."
The night is quickly interrupted when AJ comes barging in with a knife sticking out of his neck. Just before he collapse he reveals the name of his attacker...Scott Dodson.
Severance 12
I wrote this A LONG time ago and I swear some of the current political stuff was not intentional. IDK if I've mentioned this but the Democratic party governing body in this world, DCEC (Democratic Congressional Election Committee) is made up. It's my version of the DCCC. For a long time I didn't want to put in Paris' political party but it's kind of obvious...
I'm kind a fan of this Lana Del Ray YT playlist ❤☕🏥
I will have one playlist. I promise
