Monday, December 16, 2013

Love to Love You


Hot Choco | via Tumblr

See, I told you guys I wouldn't leave you hanging in the (hetro) lurve department ! I'm really pushing through this but I'm ready to clear the way for NAF. When I think about how much I want/need HMLIS I can totally relate to how you all feel

Red Hook

Just a little FYI the building the group is standing on in Chapter 7 overlooks the Hudson River (hmm, Isobel should have gone to Hudson River University like Sofia) and the ferries Paris watches are the IKEA ferries bringing people to the Red Hook IKEA. I was going to put references but it didn't transition quite right.

Cutting It short

So these are some relatively short chapters,  I've learned to stop writing around the bush. I was tempted to have another scene at Sweet Lane Bakery in Chapter 7 but in the end I couldn't figure a way in without forcing. T-DOLLing may have actually taught me something.

I know this story had a bit of a rocky start but I think I really hit  my stride with the next few chapters. There is certainly some new territory in here for me.

Another Double Chapter Post
Playlist

Chapter 9
+1+ - Iron - Woodkid
+2+ - Bulletproof Weeks by Matt Nathesnon ( stole this from Blessed Hearts. . . I think)


Chapter 10 (It's a shortie)

+1+ - Tears of An Angel - Ryan Adams *who saw this coming ?*
+2+ I Was Here - Beyonce

65 comments:

  1. What an intense chapter !

    I think it’s safe to say we all learned something from T-DOLL ! I’m always thinking about (and ignoring all the rules of) it as I go along.

    Also, I forgot how much I liked Mat Nathanson !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, you keep typing my name like that and everyone is going to know you have a crush on me. You ladies and the forbidden fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the Angel Mother was so cold-hearted. Is there an Our Angels Are Different Trope ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wait there is one http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OurAngelsAreDifferent

      Delete
  4. Bro Isaiah has gone full villan, but now Brother Levitt seems pretty interesting with his bomb-making skills.

    Where is that Tears of Angel song from ? I feel like it was in an animated movie or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those fight scenes were super intense. Never pegged myself for an action/adventure girl until now. Also, just realized my name shows up in this !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m sorry you guys, but IMO Paris is a little soft. I hope he grows a pair by the end of the serial. I mean, he can't even run when he is asked to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speaking of the end of the serial ….is this a series..... or one off or ...potential for more ?

      Delete
  7. and Eric knew a guy. . .” SA Reference ? Y/Y ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was so clunky but I HAD to throw it in there.

      Delete
  8. Wait, did we have a fade to black with Paris and Isobel or did they just sleep ? (because these are the important things)

    ReplyDelete

  9. That first song is kind of amazing ! The tone just set the scene. How did you find it ?

    ReplyDelete

  10. Ooh, I want to add some stuff to this

    ReplyDelete

  11. I think we can make it an ongoing thing, if Lile is okay with it.

    ReplyDelete

  12. Wow, just reading the A/N, I can’t believe the amount of thought that goes into one character’s roommate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although if you wanted to solve the men's pajama's debacle he could have just slept in his underwear. *I’m bad girls, I’m bad*

      Delete
    2. Seriously though, boxers or briefs ? There is no wrong answer.

      Delete
    3. Boxer Briefs. . .let's say Michael Kors ?

      Delete
  13. Are there picspirations for Isaiah, The Demon Father or The Angel Mother ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, No, Gillian Michaels (maybe ?) and for Hippolyta Amanda Seyfried. . . maybe ?

      Delete
  14. Lile, I love how your regrets are not fitting in references to a cupcake shop and IKEA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I felt like Ikea and Cupcakes should have been in SA.

      Delete
  15. So is Ashe not Ashe’s real name ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can we assume none of their names are their real birth name and they picked names based on things about them ? I mean for the Demons anyway ?

      Delete
    2. If so, Damien too the easy way out. It sounds like Demon.

      Delete
    3. Yes yes yes ! Thier names don't translate so their names are either loosely similar or they picked them. I only REALLY thought about this with Ashe.

      Delete
  16. I wonder what the Angel equivalent of a daemon would be ?

    ReplyDelete

  17. I cannot wait to hear how you got this idea. I mean, it seems like a world that would take months to create and plan, not just a few random weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My heart bled so much I could drown in it.
    Crowning line of sadness

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that Ashe can tell a lady is around because they haven’t cursed, but they haven’t really cursed before either...have they ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t think we’ve seen much of them being together.

      Delete
    2. Keep in mind i'm still coming off of LL where there is little to no cursing, so that may be where that came from.

      Delete
  20. Isobel is one strong lady, I would have peaced out a long time ago. I mean I wonder what kind of life she can see herself with him, knowing he is the leader of a bunch of demons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe she is the key, I still think there is more to here then meets the eye

      Delete


  21. So, they aren’t so much vampires, but zombie vampires ? Zompires ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies


    1. Wait,aren’t Zombie and Vampires basically the same thing ? I mean like, they both are undead and both feed on humans.

      Delete

    2. I think the key difference is Vampires drink blood, while zombies eat flesh.

      Delete

    3. Either way, they aren’t feeding on humans, but Demons so….yeah.

      Delete
  22. The above comment thread just made me realize Lile wrote a more kickass version of Twilight. Respect.

    ReplyDelete

  23. I freaking love the Beysus song ! It fit the scene perfectly as Paris was trying to be there for his Father’s death.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spotify Gods ! I worship you over Pandora. . . sorry.

      Delete
  24. I wonder how long Isaiah has had this plan ? Like, has it taken him 1,000 years to think of this ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried not to give him a cliche "Bad Guy" monologue but he says this

      “This is madness.”

      “Is it ? You gave me the idea 500 years ago when you suggested I paint the Angel feast. It reminded me of the old folktales and myths about Demons being created by blood. I spent all these years looking for a way to create my creatures. All that was missing was and Angel element. The snowfires were all I needed."

      Delete
  25. Aw, poor Seraphina ):

    I hope someone comes for her !

    ReplyDelete
  26. I’m loving Isobel ! I want to know how she set that fire though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, well not that I've done this or anything but have you ever wondered how they make those flaming drinks in bars ?

      Delete
  27. Oh, I see the confusion some of us had from last (or a few) posts ago. The apples aren’t killing humans, the apples just happen to be in the same place as where the demon-making thing is happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, however (and this isn't really explained) the apples are what makes the humans reanimate. The blood keeps them alive.

      Delete
  28. Speaking of Angel songs have we done Calling All Angels yet ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That song is so early 2000's I don't think it would work. I'll look at covers.

      Delete
  29. Wait, I just noticed the title of this post...what does it refer to ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How much Lile loves us ?

      Delete
    2. Well, at first people where concerned that there would be no romance in this. And I think the last few chapters were pretty romantic. Also I used a song title in the last post (Give me somthing to talk about), so . . . yeah.

      Delete
  30. I'll take a look. I have something to blog about for the next post though !

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think !