
Hmmm . . . so I don't really have anything to blog about. I did change the ol' layout but I don't LOVE this one. I think I've done pink and black before.
I have updated the site to make it easier to navigate. Yola has sub menus so I'll be toying with those.
Once again you all caught on to a lot of things that get explained in this chapter. There is only one reference in this chapter. . . so here we go.
Chapter 7
Playlist
+1+ - Crystallize - Lindsay Sterling
+2+ Skinny Love by Gavin Mikhail
Chapter 8
+1+ Old Skin by Olafur and The Vigil by David Nevue
+2+Timber by Ke$ha and Pitbull
+3+ Glory and Gore - Lorde
Okay, so here it goes. It took me a while to warm up to this. But these two chapters have completely sold me on this serial. The concept and world created are just fantastic and it has this nice mix of seriousness, but slight playfullness and excellent pacing. I love Seraphina, Paris and Isobel as characters. I still need to figure out how to put all this into words, but I’m excited to see where this goes.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I see a 10th Circle refernce, but that was just a really bad name.
It is such a throwaway name. I didn't realize what the club in UL was called until recently and I was like oops better throw in a reference.
DeleteOh, I though Hannah dies of the Apples, she died of something else ?
ReplyDeleteHannah died of the same thing. This isn't really made clear but some of the people who are killed and come back (creppy) don' t live for more than a few days.
DeleteHmm, so the club is called the 5th circle and the 5th circle in Dante’s Inferno is Wrath so, maybe that will come into play.
ReplyDeleteOMG, not Isaiah ! Oh well, someone’s getting the Loki treatment.
ReplyDeleteFor a second I though you just changed it to Isaiah, but it’s kind of crazy its been like this the whole time
DeleteI know I know. I mean how on Earth did you all pick up on that ?
DeleteHuh, I know ! I thought it was going to be Ashe or Jona for sure !
ReplyDeleteOr Damien.
DeleteYes, I was trying to red herring you into THINKING it was Damien.
DeleteDoes Hippolyta have a picspiration ? Also, are all the Angels blonde ?
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteDear Lile,
Write longer chapters. That is all
signed,
All of Us (;
But it’s a double chapter post, so we really can’t complain.
DeleteYes, I wanted to get to the Isaiah reveal because it was getting hard to hold in.
DeleteLove the Lorde song !
ReplyDeleteCan we talk about how a 16-year-old has an album called Pure Heroine
DeleteOh, you know how those brits are.
Delete
ReplyDeleteAw, I can’t believe they left Sera out of everything at the end.
There is SO much UST in this.
ReplyDeleteOkay, so related and kind of me thinking too much into this, but do any of them have private rooms ? I mean like, do Ashe and Jona have their own room they can be alone together.
DeleteNo they don't ): Which is why in the first chapter Paris actually walks in on his brother and Ashe in the same bed.
DeleteThe other question about Isaiah is why he would try and make a girl-demon ?
ReplyDeleteWell, he's not being to picky about gender. He is taking anyone and everyone. I just realized I only talk about the females dying. . . hmm.
DeleteNo the real question is how does the DRA falls into it ? I mean Down River is a hell thing, right ?
ReplyDeleteDRA isn't going to come up again. He just started recruiting from there because it was close to where he lived. There just isn't a way to bring all this in with first person. grr.
DeleteI think the fight Jona and Paris has kind of explains why we don’t see a lot of the best friend-ness of Paris and Ashe.
ReplyDeleteNEEDS BROMANCE.
Delete“That’s a hell yes”
ReplyDeleteI see what you did there
Things that will never get old: hell jokes
DeleteIs them turning the heat up a hell joke too ?
Deletelol, Hell jokes
DeleteSo this is only hinted at and I should really stop being shifty. The Angels are cold and the Demons are hot to the touch. The reason it's so hot at Anne's is because the Angels are so cold.
When Paris says Sera has a "cold heart" or he says she is cold or freezing. . . he means that literally. Inversely the Demons have hot skin.
In this chapter it mentions
“Oh my God”, Isobel said, “Sera you are. . . so cold. my hand feels numb.”
The Angel rolled her shoulders as if trying to shake off the nickname.
“I am always cold.”, The Angel replied tightening her cloak.
So not a Hell joke, but I guess Demons being hot to the touch all the time is kind of a hell joke.
ReplyDelete““Your one of those screwy hermits from off Queensdale blvd”, he said”
Random, but I read this in a british accent
Sure, British kids come to New York for boarding school. Right ?
DeleteOooh, Lile’s lipstick- thing is back ! (;
ReplyDeleteUm. What is Timber about ? I mean for real ? I never listened to it for real until now.
ReplyDeleteI think it's a ...position or..idk
Delete. . . is it ? Oh, dear.
DeleteYou guys ! You guys ! Are we seriously not going to talk about Don't Lie ?
ReplyDeleteYou had me at Don't Lie
Oh, me too , hon ! I just hope it doesn't come back in an Ironic Echo later in a negative way.
DeleteI loved Don't Lie. I think it's a great way to start off any relationship.
Delete