
SHV + The Place They Call The End Of The World
Shawna made a comment about me knowing her worker better than her and I am a VHSM scholar. I took so many notes so I could get that tiny flash fic just right. Ask me anything. Although I don't know what happens when Alan cries so. . . hmmm. I checked out a cyperpunk glossary and I wanted to make the girl in my flash fiction a Bioroid but once again it felt like it changed the plot to much.
Speaking of which the song that really got me going was Vitamin String Quartet's rendition of . . . Thrift Shop. It was my original song to play during the chase scene. Some of their covers start of good but some sound . . .off ?
Original Content ?
American Fairytale
So I think this could happen. I learned alot in the T-DOLL process about how to not *headdeask* , hit walls , create useless characters and cling on to Idiot Balls. American Fairytale is no where near the place it needs to be but give me 2-3 months. I wasn't going to post about this but it's in decent condition, better than I thought it was. It just need more DEPTH
It will be a short (2-3K word chapter) maybe 8 chapters. It is about a 19 year old boy named Cillian O'Conner who has just gotten out of a year in Juvie and a year in Jail. Stop me if you've heard this. Also it takes place in modern day California.
It's had a website for about 2 years, but nothing is on it. The title has been tweaked to Nightmare : An American Fairytale. This story is so insular that I can't imagine expanding it. See this post for more info
Novellas
Yes, novellas are coming. Novellas are fun and wall-free. Teenage Dream got me hooked on the idea of short little glimpse into characters lives. I have so many LL scraps (I approach doing anything Post-JNRR cautiously ) because it was only supposed to be one story. Everytime I try a S&A based one it comes out . . . depressing. A Halloween one may or may not happen.
With that said Spirits & Angels 3 and 4 ! (Using the full name makes it sound all fancy)
VSQ is kind of amazing ! They really show what happens when you take away the lyrics of a song. I’d like to see them do like a rap song or something, that would be interested.
ReplyDeleteOr what Did The Fox Say
DeleteWant/Need
DeleteLile says:
ReplyDeletea lot of artist (musicians, artist, poets) do better work when they are on drugs and it’s why drugs and art go hand in hand. I could have focused on that but . . .
Soo..how high were you when you wrote this with one being Nancy Reagan and 10 being Snoop Lion
Um, Miley Cyrus ?
DeleteAhhhhh *runs around made* new Lile ! Yay ! Muppet arm-happy dancing- for life now brb.
ReplyDeleteI love how you just came out and told us character names and the plot w/o the usual fanfare !
ReplyDeleteI have learned
DeleteI know ! Cillian O'Conner...Cillian O'Conner….Cillian O'Conner...he sounds Irish….I can work with this. Super excited !
ReplyDeleteHe is half Irish
DeleteWait, jail ? So how is it a fairytale ? Or is that just a name thing ? I need to seriously calm down.
ReplyDeleteCharacter, plot and place. I have no idea what to do with so much information
I love how Lile is like, see this post for more information like i haven’t been checking that post daily and nightly since it went up.
DeleteThank God, the guy from the pic in the last post isn’t the Twilight actor who went crazy, urinating in airports
DeleteI was going to say see this post for more (or less) info but that seemed . . . snarky.
Delete
ReplyDeleteWhy the caution for anything post JNRR ? I think it’d be cool to do something from the perspective of someone who just briefly encounters the um, Fierro-DeLunes?
Rose’s first date. I need it.
Delete@Apple - I'm thinking on it. Although I did come to a conclusion about the future of the characters
Delete@ illa - This would be intersting for a few reasons. Maybe we will see around Halloween . . .
Also...Eeeep ! I got a shout out ! I completely forgot I got that predection...I was totally joking when i typed that too. I also think I thought she would get pregnant by Adam.
ReplyDeleteDid you ? Hmm I hadn't even considered that alternative. I don't know at what point I decided to make Sofia pregnant but I guess the comments kept me thinking.
DeleteI love how you learn things from reality TV shows ! That is so cool.
ReplyDeleteYeah, LiLe I think should watch the Food Network.
DeleteAlso, The Girls Next Door
DeleteWhat ? YOU CAN POST LINKS NOW ! If only you could do pics...we could make Lile's life hell
DeleteThat's awful JB. I'm going to need you to apologize to for linking to shit like that. I'm not going to have you and Erik posting misogynist bullshit in my comment section. How dare you think it's okay to define women by Cooking, Sex and marriage. I don't like getting aggressive like this, but I've done it before and I'll do it again. I am disappointed in the both of you especially considering which chapters I'm posting next.
DeleteThe next time you want to give me some "advice" consider if you would give that same advice to your daughters.
Oh no we made her mad.
DeleteMission accomplished ?
DeleteNo seriously, we are allowed to have opinions
Fine you can have an opinion. I don't appreciate the way you and Erik are trivializing my concerns. Two adult men would atleast say they understand where I am coming from. I am going to send the following article to ALL (you to Erik) your daughters and let them know that this is what Daddy and all men should expect from them. If that's what you want to stand by.
DeleteSo next time you two get all "protective" when one of your daughters even brings a boy home I'll call you out on your B.S
I guess in the end I'm just disappointed in the two of you. I feel as if you don't respect me when all you can do (mostly you JB) is attack me based on my gender.
DeleteI...is it just me or should a guy who forgets to button his shirt really be giving people tattoos ?
ReplyDeleteIt's just short term
Delete
ReplyDeleteHm, a character in Juvie...would you say the characters are skewing younger for you ? Your characters always seem so much older.
Oh, right. He is 19
DeleteI know that bathroom scene is supposed to be about them being in close proximity, but meh, IDK why I never saw Thomas as the shaving type.
ReplyDeleteI know honey but most men have to and I'm not sure what else men do in bathrooms.
DeleteYeah...i never noticed what an asshat Tomas was, but it’s just like “he’s dying...what are you going to do ?
ReplyDeleteUgh, yeah... It’d also be an interesting point if Tomas started selling his pills for money.
DeleteLiLe--er--He probably never thought to do it, though at this point he does want to live
DeleteBecause I am a SH scholar . . It's the part where Sawyer and Juliana are breaking bad and he comes in the hotel room they are in and starts making demands and Julie says hello to you too, inside of her head. Or maybe it's when Sawyer's in jail.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteOkay, so I’m about to tea, sbux nerd out for a moment. *cue Sheldon Cooper / Dr. House/ Sherlock voice* Actually I think when this serial was published Starbucks only had the Roobios tea in latte form, so you hadto wait for it. It wasn’t until much later the tea bags came out...I could be wrong though, I don’t have the facts.
Well, actually this serial takes place in 2007, so either way Starbucks didn’t have Roobios
DeleteUnless they were test marketing in NYC during the serial.
DeleteI think they had both options. Sofia probably wouldn't get a latte but I'm being petty. Great job team !
DeleteWait, Kasey is a guy ? You’d think I know that. Also, Eric was getting an MFA before.
ReplyDeleteLol, I bet Eric the grad student is going to show up in ABWG and you’ll be like “Huh ? When did I write that ?”
Delete
ReplyDeleteTomas motioned for me to come closer, I silently obeyed and he pulled me down to kiss me
I'm surprised you didn’t cross that out. Their relationship is so toxic.
Yes it is toxic but at this point Sofia is "take what she can get" when it comes to affection from Tomas.
DeleteOh, the cop. I remember that threw us for a loop, but hey I can deal with the occasional Ho-Yay.
ReplyDelete. . . yeah. . . that.
DeleteI assumed Sofia has expensive clothing because she got it from her stepmom and just kept it. I think that was mentioned
ReplyDeleteOh, that works to.
DeleteOh, Lile you and the British spelling of grey.
ReplyDeleteAlso, you with your British guys in Starbucks…
DeleteWe are not going to fight over this again.
Delete“What’s your maiden name?” he asked uncertainly, as if I’d be offended
ReplyDeleteGuys out there, this is not a good pick up line. Only works in fiction.
Well, geez Lile of course it’s a bad pick up line...you can only use it on married women.