Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hi

I didn't want to wait so long before another post, but I've been catching up on my United Light and tinkering with what I want to happen. I did not find a place for the song I told you all that I loved, it might have to wait for either next chapter or the one after it. Meaning that there is an update today !

I have a short playlist

I
1 & 2 - Collide (Acoustic) - Howie Day

3&4 - Never Think - Robert Pattinson

5 ,6 ,7,8- Honestly - Cary Brothers

9 & 10 - No Reason - Hoobastank

I really have to find some more female artist.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones



Chapter 7 : Good Wife

24 comments:

  1. Hi, looks like I am first today ! I have to say I was taken a back when you used the word Kennedy, I mean I know it is in a totally different context but, I lol'd.

    I feel bad I distracted you.

    This chapter was really sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OT, Your title reminds me of that new show on CBS !

    I am kind of torn with Sofia at this point because I understand wanting to be a "good wife" but is Tomas a "good husband" ? I want to say that term is dated but maybe it isn't. I am starting to enjoy Sofia's voice more than Tomas's now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am dying for the style that you use. The short kind of vignettes ( I mean I know that isn't the best word) I feel like I got so much in so little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I feel like we learned a lot about Tomas in this chapter. So, was his families one of those where they were Jewish but decided to pretend to be Catholic to help them when they escaped ? I just find it odd he never realized his grandmother had to be Jewish. Then again sometimes the SS got non-Jewish people by mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems kind of wrong of Tomas to not tell his family. I mean won't they be hurt if they find out he is dead and had no idea it was coming. I just feel like AIDS doesn't have the same kind of stigma but, maybe that is an American idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I saw Tomas and Adam in the same room my brain imploded ! ! ! It was very anti-climactic though

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the Adam/Tomas scene. It was like you could have totally spoon fed it to us but, you didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was another very emotional chapter. The suicide scene really touched me because I just find suicide so . . . powerful, suicide is such a terrible thing. I'm glad Tomas got help though, that shows growth

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked this chapter and we thought last time was a cliff hanger !

    In Chapter 2 were we supposed to be led to believe Sofia's mother is alive ? Because in Spirits (or Lost Angels, I think) you mention her mother is dead.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw it from the beginning but, more so with this chapter; Sofia and Tomas were to broken souls who tried to put themselves together with each other.

    I am very much on edge for what happens next. Does the conversation Adam was having have anything to do with anything ?

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, Tomas is all about them not seeing "nearly enough of each other naked" but he gets mad at her when she wants to sleep with him ? Is that his disease talking ?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this does a really great portrayal of AIDS, I feel a tragic end coming. And I have to say the last song gives me a forboding sense of fear.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did you ever say what the tattoo on Tomas's neck is ? It's kind of emo that he wears all black or is that a literary thing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Reason # 235 To Love Tomas : He will take down a smoke detector just to smoke indoors.

    He needs to come to my apartment !

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved that ring, it is so pretty ! Did Tomas know her mom had a ring like that ? Does that mean anything ? Does her dropping perfume mean anything ?

    I wish we didn't make people feel so ashamed of having AIDS, I honestly would not care.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't understand how he went from a list of things he would never do to killing himself. Was he trying to do all the things on the list ?

    ReplyDelete
  17. They could fix a lot of their problems if they hung out *together*.

    I can't wait for an update, even though I think he overdosed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That last scene all I can say is tears, I am anxious for an update

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all these songs so much. I notice you really like Collide, is there any other version (just curious)

    ReplyDelete
  20. "I’ve always said this disease is like Night and Day one day it’s dark and the next it’s light, one shows no sign of the other."

    I love this line, is their a reason Night and Day are capitalized ? It seems very intentional

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is a very nice ring . . .

    I hope you don't keep us waiting to long, Miss Leigh some of us have procrastinating to do.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Why didn't he call 911 ? It's so sad that a person can waste away.

    I read it with the song, I am going to be thinking about this for a good 3 hours before I snap out of fictionland !

    ReplyDelete


  23. @ Shawna - You didn't distract me, I also orignially had Tomas order one of the drinks mentioned in UL but changed it !

    @ Heidi - yeah, I hope it gets canceled so it's not associated, JK.

    @ Rebeca - I don't know if it's a good or bad thing.

    @ Topaz - He's always known, in Perspective where the word Perspective appears he is at one of the mass grave sites where his Great-Grandparents were killed it's called Ponary or Ponary Massacre

    @ Wilson - I don't think him not telling them is right, so I agree.

    @ Bella - intentional

    @ June - I don't know what that means

    @ Lili_Florist - Intersting . . .

    @ Toni - Her mother is dead, Sofia visits her grave site in Chapter 2 The date is wrong her mother died in 2001 (I'll change it). I will say in Spirits she lied to Tomas about how her mother died.

    @ Violeta - A little

    @ Sam_L - He gets mad at her now because of what he has been going through since visiting his family. I'm glad you caught that.

    @ AprilF - Hi, The last song was in close competition with Closer from J. Radin so does that help ?

    @ Cherry - I guess he is a little emo, but he is mostly grieving over himself.

    @ Paige - He also does it in Spirits at Judson's and the old apartment which is why it didn't go off when the building was set on fire.

    @ Tabitha - He didn't know about the ring, he just new she was Irish. The perfume bottle doesn't mean anything.

    @ SpiritedAngel - The list of things he couldn't do is not like a bucket list, it's things that you can't do no matter what like turning thirty. The list was like a suicide note.

    @ QueenB - You are so right

    @ Nygirl - Me too

    @ Ashlyn - I like the acoustic better but I wanted to use Collide for this part but it fit so much better with the other one, so I used bother versions. Even if Howie Day is a little crazy.

    ReplyDelete


  24. @ Jason - Totally subconscious

    @ Joseph - No heart ? And I have a ring just like that. My SO bought it 6 years ago when he got a new credit card. ♥

    @ Blondie - I felt the same way about chapter 11 and 12 of United Light I was captivated.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think !