Oh, thank you. I guess you got lucky with the songs ! I see we both used Lexus and the word Cliched. I also listened to your playlist I liked the song Wild Horses and the Last Song !
July - Okay,wait that is the end ? It's over , that was a pretty good ending
Thank You
Blondie - I cried so hard when I read this I am not even kidding my boyfriend thinks I am crazy. If July is right that is a good ending.
*reaches for 8th tissue*
Thanks
Daisy - Many people speculate about your age because you write Tomas and Sofia so well but the adults come of so one -note. So, are you around Tomas and Sofia's age
Not really, but I think they have such a little part that they do come off as one note
GiGi - I did what Shawna did and all I can say is chills, just chills. I actually felt cold, like it was winter and I am in California !
Me too !, in California
Selena - That was very touching. Where are they going,I wonder ?
hmmmm. .
lavieboheme -This may be totally off but, is Terry singing Rent supposed to be a foreshadowing to the AIDS ?
Yes and No, it does but it was also because he love anything related to the Village
Coraline -I <3 the Fray ! I love your taste in music. This story was brilliant.
Thank you
Isabel - I really hated what happened to Tomas in this section. He turns into a jerk and I kind of hate Sofia for forgiving him for it. He had no right, he could have infected her.
I feel the same way and it's some what explained at the end of this entry, she also never really forgives him
Remi -I cried when he said he had AIDS, I will admit it. Because it is such a terrible disease and I realized in the end it didn't matter if they were together or not because their time together was limited and Sofia will probably move on
Me too
Irina - I love that Tomas will die because the emotions Tomas and Sofia is young love and that is how it will always stay. All great couples die young; Romeo and Juliet, Titanic etc.
I don't know if I'd liken them to Romeo and Juliet (althought I suppose the balcony comes close)
Felecia - So beautiful, so wonderful I have no clue what to say that will compare with the other comments.I guess my favorite part was imagining him taking her hand and running across a parking lot.
If it helps it's supposed to be snowing
Spirited_Angel - I was neither here nor there, I was blissfully unaware. I love that line, it is so perfect.
Thanks, I just realized that it rhymes
bella_italian - I am having a huge will they or wont they with this couple! Will they ever have sex ? Have they done oral or anything ? I know that is super TMI but, I have to know
That's not TMI and no to both
Tina - The AIDS thing shocked me, I think we forget that disease is still out there.
Was there a point in the whole tea/juice comment because I thought it was kind of funny
I was debating whether to give switch the line and have Sofia say it, but I thought it showed that he had picked up her tea habit.
Kelsi - Nice 'shop skills on the tat in the pic. Yeah, I noticed.
Thank the Cobaltians and Google !
Veronica - OMG, I just noticed the tattoo ! When he is looking for the tattoo which one is he talking about ? Also, does Angeline take her kids with her to China ? I'm not a big Angeline fan I have no idea why some people are she only has a paragraph of dialogue in the whole series.
It's the one he gave her in section one (she only has one). Angeline's kids have joint custody with Samuel.
Ana - What is wrong with the first 1:30 minutes of It Kills Me ? Love the section,it was so great. I wish I could just drop everything and leave
I just wanted to jump straight to that verse
June said -I can't wait to see what story you come up with from the new season of SYTYCD, lol.Loved this part ! I refuse to believe it is over
Hmmmm
bookworm - Hated section 4, loved section 5. I could write so much more but, it's late so I summarized. I just hate that Sofia let someone else take Tomas's palce.
I can understand that
Sandra - If this is over will you atleast sum up some loose ends like Willa, Tomas's dad, Servine and other stuff I'm sure other readers have ?
Yes and No
HPgirl - I totally thought they were going to have a baby there for a second. I think that would have been a little weird.
That was the original plan actually, but I deviated
twice_bitten - Did Tomas get infected in NYC or earlier than that ? When did he find out ?
He found out the day before the "party" scene when Terry hugs him. It's one of the reasons Terry tells him to buy a phone so he can remember to take his medicine. He gets infected while in petal brook but he doesn't know when.
peace_goddess - I love how the fence in the pic makes the saint symbol you use in this series which is a direct paradox to the fact that this series was originally called Devils
I didn't know the symbolism behind Fleur de lis's Ill have to look it up
Joel -I have been told both online and IRL that you and Shawna are these brilliant writers and I should be proud. So, I took this Sunday afternoon to actually read what you guys wrote and you two are wonderful writers and if you'll allow me I am very proud, if not a little scared you'll both get together and take my place. If you are wondering if I put a similar comment on Shawna's blog and texted to her phone but switched the names the answer is yes.
However to you Linda,I had no idea you could make something so stunningly captivating. I read what you write and I am lost for a few minutes. Linda, I love what you can do it's a gift. You seems to write whatever the fuck you want and take no prisoners. And yes, that fuck was just for you.
♥
Thank you ? ♥
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Okay, so I want to chat a bit about some things I put in the last section. Ever since I wrote section two I knew what would happen to Tomas. I may have foreshadowed it with Terry signing Rent and Judson's commet. Also on the bus Tomas mentions that he has everything he needs to live in his bag (ie the drugs) and in section 5 Tomas says he wants to blame it on her.
The last part was really about Mis-communication and it wasn't so much as Sofia trying to replace Tomas it was more like trying to find a life of her own, I wanted Dr. Amherst to come of as evil and creppy and considered throwing some Lolita in there, but I felt that wasn't a reality I could portray.
It may seem like Tomas was wrong to seduce Sofia, but he honestly thought she knew. When he sees the doctor write her the prescription and even though it's vaguely implied (and I'm surprised no one asked)Sofia stops injecting and takes pills that she keeps in the perfume bottles in the bathroom, but Tomas just wants to be close to her and she has been distancing herself from reality
I'm not sure where the muses are going with this but it's also implied that Tomas lights an incsence in Sofia's room before they leave because his matches are open and of course Sofia smells it on him, I guess he took some of the things Terry said to heart
One Last thing I wanted to mention was that Petal Brooke was supposed to be an anaglam or Pennsylvania or North Carolina
I also have a Thank You to everyone who has put up with me !
omg, can't wait !
ReplyDeleteI was wondering why you were being so vague in the comments ! I can't wait for this. I can't wait to see what a lighter version of Spirits might be.
ReplyDeleteDid you ever consider calling it Spirited Angels or Angelic Spirits ? I was just wondering.
ReplyDeleteJust when I thought I had the Cobalt Web Serial Novel's to myself ! Just kidding, can't wait to read this.
ReplyDeleteOnce, again nice photoshop skillz on the new image to whoever made it. Are those still stock images ?
ReplyDeleteI love how you inverted the fonts on that image. We luv to put up with you
ReplyDeleteHow do you get JB to comment on your blog ? It's so not fair !
ReplyDeleteI am so happy about this ! Do you think the format will ever change where Cobalt will want to make money off these ? I am worried about that, recession and all
ReplyDeleteCan you define what you mean by lighter ? Is it more of a sequel or prequel ?
ReplyDeleteI am so happy ! Can not wait,I literally can't and I am so mad I missed all the signs !
ReplyDeleteI am so happy, I just screamed out and I am in the library "studying" I am so happy. Can't wait for more. So this will be more like Lost Angels and fr people 17 and under
ReplyDeleteIt's funny how people saw signs were there weren't any and didn't see any where they were.
ReplyDeleteI totally saw David as creepy but,I assumed he would be a positive father like figure and I was being weird but,I'm glad he was supposed to be unliked
ReplyDeleteI can atleast be happy that you show consequences of drug use but, I beg you not to write anymore of this deplorable smut
ReplyDeleteWhen you say you like Shawna's last song, did you mean on the new Playlist or the old one ?
ReplyDeleteWill there be more"pop culture references" to speak in this one like, Nora Roberts,Friends and other things.
ReplyDeleteI felt like section 4 was so much more explicit and realistic and content-full than the other ones,I hope we see more of that.
ReplyDelete@ Delia - Me neither
@ July - it was so hard to hold in, and of course by lighter I mean it will focus on alot of things and have a few more heartwarming moments. It will be very different "style" wise/
@ Topaz_Dreams - I never considered it but I choose this title because it is one and then the other, it's not a mixture of both. Does that make since ?
@ Shawna - it has a nice ring to it
@ peace_goddess - yes, I believe it's mentioned in the Da Vinci Code somewhere. I didn't choose it for symbolic reasons though.
@ June - I was told that it is actually Elisa Cuthbert and (guess who) Ben Barnes.
@ S_Lodger - Thanks
@ loveshereyes - to be fair he commented on Shawna's too.
@Jazzhands_hale - I won't let them
@ Heidi - Sure, it is a Sequel but it will do a lot of retrospective ( I got that from Shawna). Here is a mini-post : When I wrote the whole thing I had 1000 plus pages of super rough drafts from when I was out of work. Counting Lost Angels and Free Spirits there are still about 500 pages left mostly dealing with Tomas and Sofia. I'm going with something a little different, think like Holes (I've been helping my niece write book report) but different. It's something new, it will be a learning experince for all of us. And to answer your other question *exhale* by lighter I mean it won't just be about defining dramatic moments. There will be plenty of sex, drugs and rock n' roll, so to speak (not literally)
@ Hpgirl - There weren't to many signs
So, was Sofia aroused by David ? Is that what Tomas saw ? It just seems odd that she is sexually attracted to David (who sleeps with secretaries) and not Tomas. I guess I can't really picture David.
ReplyDeleteYeah!
ReplyDelete♥
ReplyDelete@ Felecia - I'm sorry about the screaming, and no this won't be more like Lost Angels it will still be a little more adult as I explained in great detail to Heidi but I can't stop myself now. Writing lost angels I had some limitations on myself because I didn't know that I would be dealing with Mr. Baker and he is very open minded which lead to the material in Spirits, to an extent. I also feel that Tomas's character wouldn't do well in a teenage rating.
@ Italian_bella - I really didn't leave any signs except for my vaugness in the comments
@ Tina - yeah, he was supposed to be creppy but mean well. It's complicated
@ Camilla - yes, that was my big sell about the dangers of drugs but I am still going to continue
@ Pages_and_wine - first, intersting name and second I meant on the old playlist the after all song, it was nice.
@ Ashlyn - hmm, intersting because I felt that section four was different from the others,I like the way you put that and I'll consider it.
ReplyDelete@ Daisy - I should explain more about that scene because there was a part where they talk about it but it didn't really fit in. (another mini-blog) That scene was at first by suggestion from a friend and I had wanted to deal more with Tomas and Sofia sexually in these two sections but it once again didn't really fit, some stuff will be revealed in Spirits and Angels. Anywho I said that section had a lot of mis communication in it. Tomas assumes she is thinking about David but I'm okay with saying that she isn't, Sofia is not very affectionate but being around David made her feel the need to obey which is why she kisses Tomas back. The whole point of them holding each other in her bed was just supposed to be intimate not sexually. It showed kind of a vulnerability. I hope that answered your question but I think Sprits & Angels will answer more.
Sorry it was so long
@ Joel - I think you need to stop with the hearts.