Bellum II
I call this part of Bellum, Bellum II. It seem like it's more than one story, when in fact it's just the second story arc. It's just an odd misnomer, I see this more as like the blue, violet and black sections of United Light
Yes, I'm posting this a little bit earlier than I wanted.. I wanted to have all the chapters in the "dusting off" stage, but I think getting feedback and seeing how the first few chapters pan out will help me clean up the other ones. See what works what doesn't work. I feel good about the first 9 chapters and I wrote the end of Bellum II first-ish, because I like knowing what I'm writing up to. So things will be interesting.
I'll admit some of the chapters are short for pacing !
Recap
For nearly a Millinea Angels and Demons exiled from their home have lived among us trying to
survive in the human world. Paris Prince rises as the leader of Brotherhood of Demons. . just in time for Helios and his army of Angel mercernaries (yeah, I just typed that) make a reappearance, giving the Angels a hope for the future.
Helios want Paris and his kind gone. When they refuse. . . things get explosive. Helios is always one step ahead. However some of his men (and lady) might not be as loyal as Helios thinks.
Tired of Paris eternal pacifism, Callum begins a resistance and starts a weapons operation in Helio's backyard. If Paris can't get rid of Helios the peaceful way Callum will do it the hard way.
Meanwhile Paris loses Isobel Charter the girl he had been told he is destined to love, but instead finds himself falling for his enemie's closest compatriot and lieutenant. . .Little does he know she is the woman he is really destined to love. She will certainly never tell.
Together Seraphina and Paris with a few select Brothers (Lysander, Ashe, Jonah, Callum, Damien and Dante but he doesn't show up that much) plot to deceive Helios from the inside. Helios has now taken control of the Brotherhood until they are to leave in 6 months time.
While they plot against him Helio's starts to weaken the Brotherhood from the outside tensions begin to run high. How long can they hold on ? Who can you really trust ? Why does Helios want them gone ? What is he planning ?
JNRR-TDOLL!LILE : Okay. .. Now I'm afraid I'm getting to complicated again. I've learned my lesson. I swear.
@SHV - I'm sorry for being a hype machine.
Bellum II Chapter 1
Bellum II playlist
+1+ - Bang Bang Bang - Nicki Minaj, Arianna Grande, Jessie J
+2+ Do What U Want- Lady Gaga
+3+ Sensual


I feel like we (okay, I and the cookies and the wine(s)) broke Lile down..but it was so worth it!
ReplyDeleteAlso as for the Metronome hotel...hmm I totally believe they open a California branch and in about 85 years...welp.
Oh, I would have thought the California one was first. Sounds good to me !
Delete
ReplyDeleteOMG, the first line was just perfect...we have arrived.
yay !
DeleteSo,were the other dudes vampires ? Right ? Come one Lile, you can totally do vampires.
ReplyDeleteI was thinking werewolves. . . I don't know I was just did it for fun. I did this in Nightmare when I hinted at mermaids.
Delete
ReplyDeleteOoh, or like Zombies. Like they could be morticians for money or something.
Oooh, the Vampires could run like minute clinics or something.
DeleteOr they could have restaurants and the tagline could be "good to the last bite"
DeleteHmmm, Zombie invasion I might be able to do.
DeleteSo, are we going to get a smexy scene between Pariphina every chapter ? Asking for a friend.
ReplyDeleteWant/Need. I love how they always seem to be doing it not in a bed.
Delete@ Rei - No. . . sorry
Delete@Harper. . . yeah. . .
You know Jona/Ashe are the only couple who haven’t had a full on smexy scene. Although I’m guessing they’d be more in the hate sex phase judging by what we heard about them in Part I
ReplyDelete
DeleteOr I-wish-you-were-your-brother-sex
One of the issues I'm having and why this probably won't show up is because I'm sticking to Paris/Ariel's POV. So one of them would have to witness it and I can't' exactly write that in. . .
Delete. . . which is why a lot of Ariel's story is her witnessing things.
ReplyDeleteLooks like Ariel is going to the Clara DeLune school of becoming a Lush…
Delete...meh, I’m seriously afraid Helios is going to take advantage of her. I just get so nervous and “oh, honey” about Ariel...like she is about to walk into something bad.
@ S_lodger - and how
Delete@sugarcookie - . . .
That is one smexy playlist, I knew before I even read it this chapter would have some...wallbanging. Paraphina got a little exhibitionist-y with that window.
ReplyDeleteI know, which is why it was supposed to be the glass office in Helio's mansion but this seemed more risky and shows the sort of hush hush-ness of their . . . er relationship
Delete
ReplyDeleteI don’t think Bellum has gotten too convoluted. For whatever reason I don’t find Bellum nearly as confusing as some of the JNRR stuff.
When I really think about it the reason JNRR was so complicated was becuase I was "real time shocking" it. I wanted you all to follow along and see if you could figure it out based on tiny hints and clues that don't work unless you know what to look fore.
DeleteI was pulling to many baits and switches and not focusing on how they were plotted.
Helios and Paris just need to get a room already with the way they are sniping at each other. They need to just "hug" it out.
ReplyDeleteI love how passive aggressive they are. Helios is doing it to be condescending and Paris is doing it because he is a Pacifist.
DeleteHelios is such a condescending do*chebag. I wonder why he has to show off all the time...also what do you imagine he is talking about with those guys ? I mean don't SGI have to keep most of what they do secret ?
ReplyDelete
DeleteAnd yet..I don’t hate him.
@ NYCBarista - hmm, maybe they want him to get rid of some vampires at CVS... or maybe they want his help to take down a new drug cartel that just came on the scene. IDK ?
Delete@HH - I like him too. . . kind of... this comment is on to something tiny.
ReplyDeleteUh oh I already spotting some disention among the rebellion...I get that the Demons need reparations but it does rightfully belong to the Angels.
DeleteYeah these politics are great. It’s like who is going to lead the Angels once Helios is out ? Seraphina ? Paris or Anne again.
It's certainly not going to be Seraphina as far as Paris is concerned.
DeleteWait...why doesn’t Helios notice she’s been gone all night ?
ReplyDeleteHe's still at the party and with other women. Also they are sharing a room upstairs so he thinks she is there... waiting for him *bleh*
DeleteThere were mermaids in Nightmare ? Which chapter ?
ReplyDeleteWell, Cillian jokes "What ? Are there also Mermaids in the lake" and no one answers him or says no.
DeleteWait...Don’t think ? Wasn’t that a Parisobel thing ?
ReplyDelete. . .akward
Delete
ReplyDeleteSo.......... are the Angel and Demon coming back ? Y/Y
In chapter 3
Delete“I don’t want to be the kind of women who starts wars.”, her voice is even and calm despite the fact she is shaking. Her eyes will close but her expression will never break.
ReplyDelete“No ?”, I say as more of a question.
“I want to the kind of women who wins them.”
FREAKING LOVE SERA WITH THIS LINE! ! !
Is there a reason she is so reserved when she and Paris are together ? Is that just her personality or is she holding back ?
That's just her personality.
DeleteSo, is Isobel coming back or ?
ReplyDelete
DeleteOMG, tots forgot about her.
I'll never tell
DeleteIs Paris supposed to be funny, because he’s been cracking me up in these last few chapters.
ReplyDeleteLile has definitley gotten funnier since the TDOLLs
DeleteI like the humor...certainly a nice turn from the cannibalism, progrums and xenophobia from the very first chapter of Lux
DeleteI always meant for this to have the dark humor I could never do before. I promise no more cannibalism.
DeleteSo happy to see Bellum back !
ReplyDelete"You don't know that Seraphina.", since when was she so damn paranoid. Like anyone could kill her after Helios turned her into his perfect solider.
I totally disagree with Paris here...isn’t this the same Queen Anne who like removed Ashe’s eyes.
True, but what he is saying here is that Seraphina has gotten particularly good at defending herself since meeting Helios. Ann is cruel but Sera can be crueler.
DeleteIs it weird I kind of hope Helios doesn’t die ? Like, he needs to be ousted but I don’t really want him to die.
ReplyDeleteThey could put him in that glass cell they put Loki in.
DeleteI'll see if Nick Fury will let me borrow it.
DeleteWait, Did Seraphina iron his shirt for him ? Seems like somethign Paris would do.
ReplyDeleteShe did.
DeleteA. because she was the last one wearing it
B. Because she can't let anyone see him with a wrinkled shirt on. . . just in case.
So, I call the humming as a sign Sera is in fact in love with Paris, the question is why she doesn’t tell him?
ReplyDeleteWhy . . .
DeleteSo happy to be back in this world, it can get dark and gritty but this chapter made me smile and those lovemaking scenes are kind of amazing. I like how it has to be very hush, hush and secret.
ReplyDeleteI love how you weaved in the photo on the blog, s that Miranda Kerr or a random Tumblr girl ?
Random Tumblr girl. The more I look at it, I think it might be a lingere ad.
DeleteHold on guys...Why is Sera smoking ? Maybe it’s a red herring ? *is theorizng*
ReplyDeleteAnd why menthols ? Is she vapping ?
DeleteSomething about this scene made me see it with her smoking. I'm sure part of it was all the good lovin' going on, but she's also a little stressed out. Since they have been alive forever they probably smoked back in the 40's and 50's so it's not a big deal to him.
Delete
ReplyDeleteWait, so you had this whole Sera/Helios thing before Lux was even written? IDK how you could sit on a character like Helios
I have no idea when Helios happened. Like I knew there was going to be male angel show up at the end, and I knew I was going to write more (maybe) but I didn't know who he was, but I knew he wasn't nice.
DeleteYou guys, we missed the big question...how the hell old is Helios ?
ReplyDeleteDo not do the math I haven't even tried. I mean in human years he looks to be in his late 20's.
DeleteLet's see so SGI get lost in the human world for 100 years.Then they chillax for 10 normal years in their world. Then they com back to the human world and 900 years has passed so. . . wow. Let's go with 1100 human years. give or take.
It's odd because nothing is linear.