Hey Ya
One of the reasons I pick songs is because of the lyrics and although I was concerned about using the Hey Ya remix, I really loved it on Scrubs (Jordan's my favorite character), I like a few of the lyrics.
If what they say is "nothing is forever" Then what makes love the exception
Numbers
So the Grand Total for House of Fierro was ~35933 making it about 11,000 words shorter than Litany Lane which is roughly four chapters.
So the Grand Total for House of Fierro was ~35933 making it about 11,000 words shorter than Litany Lane which is roughly four chapters.
Feminist Theory
You know I originally had a paragraph here defending HOF and LL as being feminist, but I'd like to get a little out of Destert Sand Iris before getting into it. Speaking of which here is alittle preview
Desert Sand Iris
This part of the trilogy is very different from the others , I am drawing a lot from something I orginally wanted to explore with S&A. Once again there will be an intersting structure to this, I have a feeling it is going to be much longer that the previous two . . . maybe a bit SH inspired ? but we'll see.
I have the prologue here just to give you an idea of the direction we are going in. I decided to post it because there are no "plot elements" (ie forshadowing, checokv's guns etc).
Also, I really like using Author's Notes at the end of chapters so I'd look for one on almost every chapter, think of them as footnotes.
Who is ready for a tiny preview ? Just to let you now it is Desert Sand Iris I kept getting the syntax mixed up.
Playlist
Today's Playlist features a song from a popular film series and a song from an indie artist.
+1+ Shipwrecked - Shane
+2+ My Love - Sia
Desert Sand Iris, Prologue



No plot elements in this ? There are tons of them including a cliffhanger !
ReplyDeleteOkay, seriously get out of my head ! Aaah ! I’m making a note so, when our similarties come up Ican point them out. Now, I feel a whole lot less original but, I will go ahead and say no one in anything I write or plan on writing is getting pregnant.
ReplyDeleteAnd the fandom felt stupid . . . Iris’s as an eye color we never even thought. . .
ReplyDeleteWhen Lile said it was heavily tied in wth LL I never imagined it would have anything to do with the Delune’s again.
ReplyDeleteMore prose on a ghost/specter/relative/person torturing the Delune family ? (I'm guessing it's Victor) I’m a little leary this is to familiar but, okay . . .
ReplyDeleteI love how this follows the movie cliche of you get pregnant the first time you have sex.
ReplyDeleteI don’t see why they see pale skin as so ugly if her eyes are normal colors. To some pale skin is really pretty.
ReplyDeleteAt first I was like her name sounds a lot like that twilight thing but, then I realized her nickname was Rose and I squeed
ReplyDeleteOMG, someone must be telling you about the boards. I was hoping to hear some femenist musings, can’t wait for next entry.
ReplyDeleteWTF, Joel I can’t believed you hired a bunch of femenist in this company.
ReplyDelete^^
ReplyDeleteDon’t blame me they blend in with everyone else.
^^
ReplyDeleteUm, you d*uchebags know I’m not a femenist right ? I only went to the meetings because those whiny bitches would always buy Magnolia cupcakes because they are to good to bake.
I’ve listened to both songs,numerous time and I can’t place either one in a film series. I can’t even think of a film trilogy that isn’t Spiderman
ReplyDeleteI see some S&A elements coming into play, the most obvious is the adoption piece. Is that one of the elements you wanted to explore ?
ReplyDeleteI just noticed you use flowers in S&A as well, because Tomas lives on Honeysuckle lane the painted honeysuckles on the house is a re-occuring motif.
ReplyDeleteLol, this not understanding the title thing is kind of funny.The little caption on the tabs says SDI prolouge not DSI
ReplyDeleteOMG, I love the preview ! Just what I needed today, I feel like it’s going to be awesome.
ReplyDeleteFor people who are supposed to be high society they all seem to have kids out of wedlock. You’d think at some point it wouldn’t matter.
ReplyDeleteIt’s so weird thinking of Clara older than 22 for me. I guess because I related to her so well. I mean except I'm broke and play the guitar
ReplyDeleteI am in love with the writing style of this prolouge. You just wrote 4 years in a way that was clean and neat and didn’t feel forced.
ReplyDeleteSo, Clara didn’t have any pre-natal care ? That make me cringe, they are all pretty stupid if that is the case.
ReplyDeleteDoes the nanny live with them ? I just imagine she is a chekov gunmen.
ReplyDeleteOkay, WTF is up with the blood, that kind of skeeved me out ? Is she trying to kill the baby
ReplyDelete^^
ReplyDeleteOr is the baby trying to kill her dun.dun.dun
I could not figure out why she would fight with her uncle and then I realized her uncle is only a few months older than her.
ReplyDeleteAm I stupid ? Has this post really been up since Sunday and I am just know seeing it ?
ReplyDelete
ReplyDelete@ July - Oh, I forgot about that one.
@ Shawna - What could the similarities be ? Maybe we use the same song or character names a similarity between Luce and Rose. Third person ?
@ Harper - It's all about context, I mislead you with the picture.
@ June - I may have overshot a bit.
@ Heidi - So, formulaic
@ Quinn - here eyes aren't normal colored they are based on desert sand the HEX color which makes her eyes pale pink.
@ Illia - Is it ?
@ sugarcookie - Yes, I saw this comment coming
@ Carleigh - I'll throw them in later
@ Jill - Do you even know how to bake ?
@ SamL - Sia- My Love, was in Eclipse
@ Sunset - Not even close, that's sort of a throwaway at sometimes less important.
@ Ashlyn - Actually the Honeysuckle lane was referring to a real street in a real town . . .
@ Jade - Yes, I know. AHH
@ BostonGirl - I hope you like it.
@ Coraline - Well keep in mind that Martin was born out of wedlock and we saw how he got along with his parents . . .
@ Nybarista - Yes, this is one of the things that concerned me but let's try opening out minds to see who we can relate to. I for one never though I'd enjoy Cyber-punk till I read the way SH wrote it.
@ Violeta - Thank you
@ Kylie - She probably did at some point but nothing that would involve her leaving the house, her father would never let her.
@ Trinity - She does live with them.
@ spirited_angel - ):
@ Wilson - oh, dear
@ Marianne - Yeah, I know right
@ Lia - No, I actually started writing this post two weeks ago and choose a date to post it.
LOL, I answered half these questions assuming I'd posted chapter 1 and had to change them all.